Estimated Reading Time - 1min
When it comes to teeth, tongue and gums we all have an opportunity to go both zero waste and toxin free. We’ve shared a quick tips list below:
- Ditch the plastic toothbrushes and go for bamboo instead.
- Swap regular floss (plastic – eww!) for silk floss. We’ve seen bamboo-charcoal varieties too.
- Buy yourself a metal tongue scraper – they will last forever and are great for improving breath.
- Make your own mouthwash
- Better yet, make your own toothpaste!
Fits in a 300ml bottle.
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil
- Essential Oils (6 drops) – Peppermint
- Essential Oils (2 drop) – Cinnamon
- Essential Oils (2 drop) – Clove
Combine the olive and essential oils, then mix with the water and pour into your bottle. Take a mouthful daily, swish it through your teeth for 30secs-1min, spitting it out when finished.
Fits in a 200ml jar.
- 2/3 cup of Coconut Oil
- 100gm of Calcium Carbonate
- Essential Oils (1/2 tsp) – Peppermint
- Essential Oils (4 drop) – Clove
- Combine and store in an airtight jar.